Friday, November 8, 2013

Meet the Vendor: Robert Doyle

Here is yet another of our fabulous vendors who will be joining us at the SWE PTA's Craftacular Craft & Vendor Fair

1. name:  Robert Doyle        
   business:  Hollow Log Brooms  "Old-time Brooms Made the Old-time Way"
2. what I'm sharing:  handmade crafts-- brooms, pot-holders and hotpads, bean bags, old-fashioned stuffed animals, framed prints and drawings
3. experience:  3 years
4. Favorite part about doing what I do:  the smile people get when receiving a unique and well-made item
5. books: I like many books, but one of the greatest ever written is John Bunyan's  Pilgrim's Progress.  An easy read for me I really enjoy is Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls.  I also enjoy poetry by Longfellow, Browning, Wordsworth, Christina Rossetti, and others.
6. People can get in touch with me by
writing: 4744 Honeysuckle Lane, Rocky Mount NC 27804
                                   calling: (252) 446-5534  or
                                   emailing: doyle4education@gmail.com
7. trivia about me: I am of English and Irish descent.  I enjoyed my experience teaching Reading/ English internationally.
8. I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up
9. Favourite animal?  Let's just say I really enjoy the whimsical behaviour of monkeys; in local nature I really enjoy observing squirrels.  It is rarely observed, but I have spotted the southern flying squirrel on two occasions in my life. 
10.Other occupation of hobby?  I have taught school for seven years.  I enjoy gardening very much. There is something so rewarding about giving to the land and it giving back to you.  Agriculture is amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment