Friday, July 26, 2013

Where Will the Money Go?

Some may be asking 'What does Southwest Elementary School plan on doing with the money they earn from this Craftacular Craft & Vendor Fair'? (I know the conversations in my own head are always well thought out complete sentences. ;) )
One of the most important issues on our plate right now is technology. I know, what do those whipper snappers need with technology? In this day and age, in order to keep competitive, kids need to know how to use computers and all that they have to offer from a very early age.  This goes beyond making their names scroll diagonally across the screen with simple 'go to' commands. Last year my 2nd grader made a tri-fold flyer all about sound waves.
He did all the research online. He cut and paste what he needed. He created the layout for the flyer. It was quite amazing. I was proud of my kid. I know a lot of adults who wouldn't even know where to begin.
The thing with technology is that it changes all the time. The school needs more resources in order to keep current. Each grade has their own needs. These needs range from more desk top PCs to individual laptops for each student to use. As with most things, these requests require funds. You can help us out by:

 Renting booth space at the event
Telling your friends and family about
Coming to the event and purchasing from our vendors
Coming to the event and buying raffle tickets

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Thanks for reading!


Click to view


 

No comments:

Post a Comment