Saturday, October 19, 2013

Meet the Vendor: Michaela Trefethen

As you know, I love to introduce you to those people who will be joining us at the Southwest Elementary School PTA's Craftacular Craft & Vendor Fair on November 23, 2013. I hope you will read on

Michaela Trefethen

 1) My name is Michaela Trefethen and my business is called PriscillaPlace

2) At the event, PriscillaPlace will be bringing a variety of children’s clothing

and toys. We sell dresses, pajama pants, backpacks, stuffed animals, and baby

toys. The best part about our business is that for every item we sell, we give a

similar item away to a child in need.

3) PriscillaPlace is about to celebrate its 1st birthday in November!

4) My favorite part about PriscillaPlace is definitely giving items away to

children in need. We did our first give-away in September and it was so fun!

We made a video of that awesome day, which you can watch on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBEgqv0Gi5I

5) My favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

6) People can learn more about PriscillaPlace by visiting our website,

www.micsmiffles.com or liking us on Facebook! You can also email us at

micsmiffles@gmail.com

7) A lot of people are surprised when they find out I was on a unicycling team

for 8 years of elementary and middle school. We traveled around the United

States doing performances in parades, at school events, and at festivals. It

was really fun!

8) When I was little, I really wanted to be a teacher when I grew up, just like my

mom. I’m currently in college majoring in Education of the Deaf and Hard of

Hearing and Elementary Education, so I’m actually going to be what I wanted

to become when I was little.

9) My favorite animal would have to be the dog. I always had a dog when I was

growing up and my favorite childhood stuffed animal was a dog too.

10) In the “real world,” I’m a student, business owner, and library student

worker. I love spending time with my friends, sewing, knitting, and crafting

with my family.

Some extra information: PriscillaPlace is a company that was created to celebrate

the unique qualities of others, to teach children about the joys of giving, and to give

back to the community. Our group consists of 6 givers: Amy Cogan, Keisha Parker,

Hannah Finkelstein, Elizabeth Capps, Allison Dellinger, and me. We also have lots of

volunteers who help us create our one-of-a-kind products.

We celebrate the uniqueness of everyone through our holiday, Thank You For Being

You Day, which occurs on April 19th

qualities of the people in your life.

We teach children about the joy of giving by spreading our message to children and

their parents. We offer opportunities for children to help with the creation of our

products and we love to teach sewing skills. Over the summer, we taught sewing to a

little girl, who actually finished her own quilt. In turn, she was able to help us make

the dresses we gave away to little girls at our give-away! She had a lot of fun and she

 each year. It’s a day to celebrate the special

was excited to brighten the day of the other children.

We give back to the community by partnering with events that raise funds for

people in need. We sold our products at a volleyball tournament to benefit a hard-
working teacher who recently found out she has cancer. We also raised money for

the American Cancer Society. We have lots of goals for helping the community in the

future, which range from getting food and supplies for homeless shelters to raising

enough money to send a girl in Africa to school for a year. PriscillaPlace loves giving

back to the community in many ways.




No comments:

Post a Comment